The Downtown Seattle Association just released the 2015 State of Downtown Economic Report. Don’t let the name of the report scare you away from opening it. The report is a beautiful and easy to read summary of the Downtown neighborhoods, major development projects, and stats on transportation, housing, employment, and demographics. Flip over to the section on construction and you’ll see billions in construction projects.
A few facts from the report:
- Capitol Hill has the highest population of Downtown neighborhoods, followed closely by First Hill
- There are 52.3 miles of bike lanes, shared lanes, and trails
- Downtown has the parking capacity of around 100,000 vehicles
- 24 net new residents move in every week and 25 new jobs per day since 2010
- The most expensive recently completed project is Stadium Place West Phase 1 at $255,000,000